Monday 24 December 2012

The NEXT Next Big Thing

OK, so this is the first time I have ever done anything like this, so I hope it's okay. I was tagged in Ashley Heckman's post, which you can read here.

Firstly there are some RULES (There always rules with these things, let's face it!). Here they are:


  1. FOLLOW THIS FORMAT
  2. ANSWER THE TEN QUESTIONS BELOW
  3. SPREAD THE FUN AND TAG FIVE MORE AWESOME PEOPLE TO TAKE PART (note: this may or may not happen!)
  4. IT'S ALSO NICE TO LINK BACK TO THE PERSON. SHARING FTW.
Right... Here goes.

  • What is the title of your WIP/book?
Paragon Academy

I picked it because it's the name of the school that the WIP is set in. It came from a little bit of Googling (Wikipedia FTW!) and some help from my Twitter friends.

  •  Where did this idea for the book come from?
Weirdly for me, it came from stalking a random Twitter converstation - the subject of which I can't actually remember right now - and someone mentioned superheroes. Cue lots and lots of ideas bouncing around in my head. Fuelled by music, mostly, as per usual.

  • What genre would your book fall under?
Young adult science fiction/fantasy. There are elements of both of those genres in this so that's why I call it that.

  • Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I have no specific actors in mind at the moment, but I know three things that are ideal for me: They must be British; they must give off the right vibe for the characters; they must be of a similar age to the characters.

  • Will your book be self-published or represented?
When the time comes, I will be querying it to agents.

  • How long did it take you to write it?
Well, I wrote the first 50K+ words in November for NaNoWriMo, but I'm still working on it. I'm hoping it will be finished some time in early 2013 at the earliest.

  • Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The best thing to do is to scroll up and look at the "Where did this idea come from question".

  • What other books in your genre would you compare it to?
To be perfectly honest, the only Young Adult superhero novel I've read is Hero by Perry Moore, which I wouldn't compare Paragon Academy to, because but I would say, and quite honestly, sort of hope that it would appeal to fans of Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, X-Men and the classic superheroes such as Superman and Wonder Woman.

  • One sentence synopsis
A group of best friends have to battle to save their school after a series of dangerous and unexpected things happen.

  • What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
It's boarding school. It's teenage superheroes. Need I say more?

THE NEXT VICTIM(S)

YA Misfits

ALSO: MERRY CHRISTMAS. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment