Monday 3 December 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: Updates.

First: OMG I WON NANO.

I think winning had something to do with the fact that this year, I decided to try and be a bit more social and go to write ins. It's thanks to this that I have discovered that during the day, I write best in coffee shops and out of the house in general.

My NaNo was a YA scifi/fantasy called Paragon Academy, which is about a group of teenage superheroes who discover that bad, very bad things are happening, in their boarding school, and try and figure out what's going on. Oh, and loads of shit happens after that and there's a lot of romantic things going on as well.

I'm also doing this as my university thesis as well!

Even though I hit 50K in November, I still haven't finished the novel. I have to do some things to help me continue and hopefully figure out what the end word count of the first draft should be - I'm hoping that it will be less than 100K - and then I shall continue writing. I'm hoping to be finished by the end of this month, preferably by Christmas, and then I shall start editing it at the end of January or early February.

Music Mondays should be coming back next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment