Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013!!!

So, we are still here and it is 2013. A year where hopefully totally awesome things will happen and hopefully less awesome things won't happen (two massacres in America? Really? Zero is more than enough when it comes to that sort of thing). This first post of the year is going to be about my writing goals for the next twelve months, but if you want to know about my general goals for 2013, you can find them here. So... here are the goals that I came up with on the last day of 2012, twelve to correspond with the number of months in a year.


  1. Finish the first draft of Paragon Academy [coursework] (13th of February)
  2. Finish the first draft of Stupid Cupid (31st of March)
  3. Do Camp WriMo (April)
  4. Submit Paragon Academy [coursework] (8th of May)
  5. Finish the second draft of Stupid Cupid (30th of June)
  6. Do Camp WriMo (July)
  7. Give Paragon Academy to beta readers (August)
  8. Edit April Camp WriMo (August)
  9. Edit July Camp WriMo (September)
  10. Prepare to do NaNoWriMo (October)
  11. Do NaNoWriMo (November)
  12. Send Stupid Cupid to beta readers (July - December)

I thought that now might also be a good time to tell you guys that between now and Valentine's Day, while Paragon Academy is primarely coursework, I'm going to be doing a little collection of short stories for myself . It will be ten of them and they will all be inspired by and/or based on songs.  It will be ten of them because that's how many songs I like to have in a playlist before I listen to it. Weird, I know, but that's the way I am. I decided to do this after a Twitter friend suggested it and it sounds like it could be a fun challenge, even though I pretty much hated doing them for uni.

And if you're wondering why I'm sort of taking a break from Paragon Academy, it's because it's been making me feel like this:


And this:


And this:


Oh, and this:



So... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment