Thursday 23 September 2010

Hello!

Okay, so I started this blog because I think it would help to

  • Add to my online presence,
  • Get all things all writing related off my chest,
  • Build up a fanbase.

My current project is Suns and Stars, which is a YA romance about a human, Tristan, and a faerie, Dulcie, who meet and have to overcome obsatacles they never thought they would have to face to be together. Sounds lame, I know. But it isn't, though I could be biased on that one. I'm more than halfway through the first draft, which I'm hoping to finish in time for NaNoWrimo, which runs through the whole of November.

My biggest inspiration is music and I find it so much easier to write if I have some playing. What do I listen to while writing, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you. Anything from pop to emo, from soundtracks to indie. Anything with inspiring lyrics or melodies that takes my fancy and evokes images in my head at the time of writing, basically.

You might also be wondering: Why YA? Why not anything else? I write YA because I love it, and I am one, ha. I adore teen romances, and I do wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who thinks that they're more interesting than adult ones in terms of fiction. So I write them, though I'm hoping to extend my repatiore to MG fiction and other types of YA. My biggest influences are CS Lewis (who wouldn't like to go to Narnia one day?), Neil Gaiman, Louise Rennison and Cecila Ahren.

Okay, I'll shut up. Any questions, just post a comment and I'll try and answer them in a future post.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Lisa! Yes, I would like to go to Narnia too.

    ReplyDelete